KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU
This year’s KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU in Barcelona is chock full of Linkerd content, from training to booths to the 10+ Linkerd talks! Many of your friendly neighborhood Linkerd maintainers, contributors, and adopters will be there in person – if you’re attending, please come find us. We’d love to meet you face to face!
Here’s a quick guide to all the Linkerd content that’s happening at the conference:
On Monday, May 20 at 13:00, the day before the KubeCon conference, Buoyant will be holding a hands-on workshop on how to use Linkerd in production. Linkerd core contributor Alex Leong will teach the workshop, and other Linkerd maintainers will be there to support Alex and connect with you. The workshop is being offered to all KubeCon registrants. Seats for this workshop are limited, so sign up soon to reserve your spot!
Expo Hall Booth
Lots of Linkerd maintainers will be hanging out at the Buoyant Linkerd booth (location S36), which will also have some fancy Linkerd t-shirts and stickers. The booth is located on the right side of the exhibit hall, near the Hub Lounge, across from the Microsoft Azure booth. Come by and meet the folks behind the lines of code!
On Tuesday morning, Bryan Liles will share a Cloud Native Compute Foundation projects update. Be sure to look closely for the Linkerd update!
On Tuesday afternoon, be sure to keep your eyes open at the Microsoft keynote for some very cool Linkerd content!
Monday, May 20
- 13:00: Linkerd in production on Kubernetes (workshop) | Alex Leong, Linkerd Maintainer
- 17:57: Why your OSS project needs a GUI (lightning talk) | Risha Mars, Linkerd Maintainer
Tuesday, May 21
- 11:55: Intro to Linkerd and users in production | William Morgan, Linkerd Maintainer
- 14:00: Scavenging for reusable code in the Kubernetes codebase | Kevin Lingerfelt, Linkerd Maintainer
- 14:00: Processing billions of dollars on GKE using Linkerd | Mohsen Rezaei, WePay
- 15:55: Panel discussion on microservices and service mesh | William Morgan, Linkerd Maintainer
Wednesday, May 22
- 11:05: JustFootball’s journey to gRPC + Linkerd in Production | Ben Lambert, JustFootball, and Kevin Lingerfelt, Linkerd Maintainer
- 11:05: Create visually compelling developer experiences for Kuberntes on VS Code | Ivan Towlson and Ralph Squillace, Microsoft
- 15:55: Grow with less pain - meshing from monolith to microservices | Leo Liang, Cruise Automation
- 15:55: Building cloud native GDPR friendly systems for data collection | Zsolt Homorodi, VTT
Thursday, May 23
- 11:05: Autoscaling multi-cluster observability with Thanos and Linkerd | Frederic Branczk, Red Hat software engineer and Andrew Seigner, Linkerd Maintainer
- 14:00: Linkerd deep dive | Oliver Gould, Linkerd Maintainer
- 14:50: Dealing with pesky path parameter problem: service profiles | Alex Leong, Linkerd Maintainer