This year’s KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America in San Diego is chock full of Linkerd content, from talks to workshops to booths. Many of your friendly neighborhood Linkerd maintainers, contributors, and adopters will be there in person—if you’re attending, please come find us. We’d love to meet you face to face!
Here’s a quick guide to all the Linkerd content that’s happening at the conference:
Linkerd in Production Workshop
On Monday, November 18 at 1:00pm, Linkerd core contributors Alex Leong and Charles Pretzer will be holding a hands-on Linkerd in Production Workshop. The workshop is being offered to all KubeCon registrants. Seats for this workshop are limited, so sign up soon to reserve your spot! (And if you want to attend but can’t get your company to cover it—scholarships are available. Email [email protected] for more.)
Expo Hall Booth G10
Many of your favorite Linkerd maintainers will be hanging out at the Buoyant Linkerd booth (location G10), which will also have some fancy Linkerd hats, t-shirts and stickers. The booth is located on the right side of the exhibit hall, near the Google Cloud Lounge. Come by and meet the folks behind the lines of code!
Kubecon Project Update Keynote
On Tuesday, November 19 at 9:20am, Bryan Liles from VMware will share a Cloud Native Computing Foundation projects update. Be sure to look closely for the Linkerd update!
Kubecon and ServiceMeshCon Talks
Here’s the full schedule of Linkerd-related content at Kubecon and ServiceMeshCon:
Monday, November 18
- 9:10am: Buoyant Keynote (ServiceMeshCon) | William Morgan, Linkerd Creator
- 9:15am: There’s a bug in my service mesh! What do you do when the tool you rely on is the cause? (ServiceMeshCon) | Ana Calin, Systems Engineer, Paybase and Risha Mars, Linkerd Maintainer
- 11:50am: Collaboration is important for admission webhooks in service meshes (ServiceMeshCon) | Alejandro Pedraza, Linkerd Maintainer
- 4:00pm: Ask Me Anything About Service Mesh (ServiceMeshCon) | William Morgan, Linkerd Creator
- 1:00pm: Linkerd in production on Kubernetes (workshop) | Alex Leong, Linkerd Maintainer (location TBD)
Tuesday, November 19
- 9:20am: Keynote: CNCF Project Updates | Bryan Liles, Senior Staff Engineer, VMware
- 10:55am: Service Mesh: There and Back Again | Jon Richards & Cody Vandermyn, Nordstrom Sr. Software Engineers II | (location TBD)
- 2:25pm: Intro to Linkerd | William Morgan, Linkerd Maintainer | (location TBD)
- 2:25pm: Enforcing Automatic mTLS With Linkerd and OPA Gatekeeper | Rita Zhang, Microsoft Principal Software Engineer and Ivan Sim, Linkerd Contributor | (location TBD)
Wednesday, November 20
- 2:25pm: There’s a bug in my service mesh! What do you do when the tool you rely on is the cause? | Ana Calin, Systems Engineer, Paybase and Risha Mars, Linkerd Contributor (location TBD)
- 3:20pm: OpenFaaS Cloud + Linkerd: A Secure, Multi-Tenant Serverless Platform | Alex Ellis, OpenFaaS Founder, LTD and Charles Pretzer, Linkerd Contributor | (location TBD)
- 4:25pm: Deep Dive: Linkerd | Oliver Gould, Linkerd Maintainer | (location TBD)
Thursday, November 21
- 3:20pm: Supercharge Your Microservices CI/CD with Service Mesh and Kubernetes | Brian Redmond, Microsoft | location TBD
Come find us!
—William and the rest of the crew at Buoyant.